Uberpropagator

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Conrad
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Uberpropagator

Post by Conrad »

Thanks Ralph, interesting points. Astonished your seedlings survived 63c, thats impressive. You may well be right about the temperatures not being worth worrying about. I have noticed however that occasionally if I have a pot that is failing to germinate and I take it out and keep it somewhere much cooler for a few days I can sometimes trigger germination, though who knows, this could be coincidence more than anything. I think once the seedlings are up temperatures matter fairly little and 35c plus is fine.

Do you never have issues with scorched seedlings when using a propagator in the greenhouse? Several of my propagators are pretty grimy, so I reckon that would help block out a bit. Do you sow into bags/sterilise compost in your propagator?