At last .... flowers

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
el48tel
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: At last .... flowers

Post by el48tel »

FredG wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:41 pm Better order some new tape tel. :grin:
Sitting in the same shelf as the label machine ... been here before .... other plants (from same sources) have had their true(?) identities revealed ... many times .... many many times [can't do Betty Marsden's accent in typed print]
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

Acid John wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:50 pm el48tel wrote,
An interesting thought ..... but if it has survived since late 2018 / early 2019 in the same place in the GH?

But it thought it was something that it wasn't.
Now it knows differently it could be wrong growing conditions 🤣
It is lucky plants can't read.
Cogito, ergo sum?
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

Phil_SK wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:54 pm
Tony R wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:31 pm Or even a Rapicactus beguinii :???:
Like the valdezianus discussed a few days ago, there are many names you could use.
Stuart wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:08 amYep, not a Thelocactus.
Thelocactus beguinii is one of the many names you could use :lol:
It may acquire a shorter name like "IT" because that would use less tape
FredG
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by FredG »

el48tel wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:55 pm ... many times .... many many times [can't do Betty Marsden's accent in typed print]
https://youtu.be/Z34NJT_mRug @ 4.27 :wink:
Fred
Quot Homines Tot Sententiae
https://fredg.boards.net/
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

FredG wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:59 pm
el48tel wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:55 pm ... many times .... many many times [can't do Betty Marsden's accent in typed print]
https://youtu.be/Z34NJT_mRug @ 4.27 :wink:
Yes ... on Radio 4 Extra on Thursdays. I record it to listen to it in the car when I'm driving ... on my own.
FredG
Registered Guest

Post by FredG »

I have 170+ episodes of Beyond Our Ken and Round The Horne on my hard drive. :grin:
Fred
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

FredG wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:52 pm I have 170+ episodes of Beyond Our Ken and Round The Horne on my hard drive. :grin:
They don't write quality comedy like that today
FredG
Registered Guest

Post by FredG »

el48tel wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:15 pm
FredG wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:52 pm I have 170+ episodes of Beyond Our Ken and Round The Horne on my hard drive. :grin:
If they did it would be banned :sad:
Fred
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

FredG wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:36 pm
el48tel wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:15 pm
If they did it would be banned :sad:
Unfortunately so.
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

_DSF3865.jpg
_DSF3864.jpg
Gymnocactus beguinii aka Turbinocarpus beguinii photographed this lunchtime as it has opened fully in the sunlight.
Photographed by LED lighting. Also shown is the first UVIVF picture of the year. The images tell me (from my limited analysis of the images of last year) that this is definitely not a Gymnocalycium as first thought from the original plant label. Gymnocalycium flowers have a totally different UVIVF response.