Echinopsis id

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Jura
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: DUBLIN
Role within the BCSS: Member

Echinopsis id

Post by Jura »

Hey guys,

So my mother is reducing amount of cacti she has, and i managed to persuade her to send this beauty to me. This one is in a family for about 20 years, so I would assume its about 30 years old ( we bought it when it was pretty big already) i was always convinced that it was some kind of ferocactus, judging by the blossoms its definitely echinopsis, I sent the photo to my friend and he thinks it's either echinopsis or trichocereus.

I'm just wondering if any of you kind people could put a name on this one :)
Attachments
20210410_140625.jpg
20210410_135653.jpg
20210410_135122.jpg
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Re: Echinopsis id

Post by Phil_SK »

I'm fairly confident that it's rhodotricha. The inside of the flower is quite typical of rhodotricha and leucantha, but the short spines point to rhodotricha.
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia