Crassula arborescens not looking well

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
esp
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: BRADFORD
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Crassula arborescens not looking well

Post by esp »

Ava wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:57 pm Ahh, I should have mentioned that the photos make it look paler than it really is.

Thank you for all the replies. I will unpot it and take a look. Not sure where I'm going to get/put a bigger pot if it needs one, that one is massive, haha. I had not realised it needed more water. It is indoors, though in an extension which is difficult to heat and hence very cold during winter.

Not sure I would unpot it, maybe have a little dig to find (hopefully) some live healthy roots.
I think it's just (massively) dehydrated.

It doesn't need a larger pot, I'm sure many of us would have never put it in one that large anyway, so long as it was stable.
Ava
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by Ava »

Okay, had a quick look. It's hard to get deep down into the pot.
roots.jpg
I can't see any signs of pests.
esp
BCSS Member
Branch: BRADFORD
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by esp »

Looks fine, on a superficial dig.

Now stick the pot in a large bowl and drench it!

It looks like you've got a lot of cat litter or similar molar clay granules in there, the roots should love that.
Ava
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by Ava »

Alright, thanks, will do :smile: