Huernia boleana

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
David Neville
BCSS Zone Rep
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SOUTHAMPTON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Secretary

Re: Huernia boleana

Post by David Neville »

I should have made it clear that I was referring to the stapeliads, and not the rodents!!
David Neville
Secretary of Southampton & District Branch. BCSS member since 1977.
Herts Mike
BCSS Member
Branch: LEA VALLEY

Post by Herts Mike »

I have a few in bud but flowering is a little way off.
Acid John
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT
Role within the BCSS: Branch Chair

Post by Acid John »

They are in a funny situation in the greenhouse. On a warm mat but with an air temperature of minus 2°Celsius at night and they have been watered generously.
Acid John
David Neville
BCSS Zone Rep
Branch: SOUTHAMPTON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Secretary

Post by David Neville »

Some of my plants have still not been watered since late October last year. No wonder we have a distinct difference in flowering times. The minimum temperature in one of my unheated greenhouses here in Southampton last night was minus 2, and the watering of many of my unheated plants is later than I can remember for many years.
Recent frost damage to outdoor plants is substantial, with damage in the garden to fresh growth on hydrangeas, roses, camellias, rhubarb and more. Freshly set fruit on peach trees and apricot trees in a cold greenhouse have turned black for the first time in over 20 years.
David Neville
Secretary of Southampton & District Branch. BCSS member since 1977.