Turbinicarpus Schwartzii

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Jura
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: DUBLIN
Role within the BCSS: Member

Turbinicarpus Schwartzii

Post by Jura »

Just wanted to show off my newest addition, got this as a birthday present from my partner ( I'm blessed with his patience). Even though he is cursing at my never ending prancing around cacti and rolling the eyes when I'm speaking about growth rates,flowers and pests, he still managed to muster this beauty from ebay. Its 30 years old ( same age as I am) so its extra special 😊
Attachments
20210426_182716.jpg
Ross M
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Re: Turbinicarpus Schwartzii

Post by Ross M »

There's something about the spines on these Turbinicarpus that I find particularly appealing. Looks like your plant is going to reward you with flowers soon, which is nice 👍
Ross

Dunbar, SE Scotland.
BCSS member #46264 (originally joined 1983).
Growing cacti since 1978, with a particular interest in Sulcorebutia and Rebutia.

Jura
BCSS Member
Branch: DUBLIN

Re: Turbinicarpus Schwartzii

Post by Jura »

Yeah, the spines are particularly gnarly at the bottom, I nearly wanted to pot it up a little higher so they could be more on display 😅
Attachments
20210426_171821.jpg