Ceropegia conrathii

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Stig
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: CAMBRIDGE

Re: Ceropegia conrathii

Post by Stig »

Ceropegia conrathii is quite a variable species, this particular clone is very resilient dare I say resistant to rot yet I have other clones that never seem to make it beyond a couple of years before they die.

I had also heard that woodii seems to set seed without the need for another clone or species to cross with. C. conrathii is fairly closely related so it wouldn't surprise me if it could too. What does surprise me is that in the 25 years I've owned this plant its been grown in Derbyshire, Cheshire, and Cambridgeshire and yet has never set a single seed pod. Yet a few weeks in California and almost every flower seems to be pollinated. I wonder if a suitable pollinator exists anywhere in the UK?
Acid John
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT
Role within the BCSS: Branch Chair

Re: Ceropegia conrathii

Post by Acid John »

It would have to be microscopic, that flora tube is very narrow.
Acid John