Flowers!

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
el48tel
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Flowers!

Post by el48tel »

Wow!
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
AndrewB
BCSS Member
Branch: GLOUCESTER

Post by AndrewB »

This is exciting!

Echinopsis ‘5-2002’ almost starting to open!
Attachments
F42E7A3B-5CE5-44F8-AC79-97CC71FC6514.jpeg
Andrew

Interested in most genera of small to medium ‘globular’ cacti, large flowering Mammillaria, Epiphyllum, Trichocereus, Hildewintera, Cleistocactus etc, small Agaves, Lithops, Titanopsis, Faucaria etc, plus hybridising.
edds
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by edds »

One of your own crosses Andrew?
Ed

BCSS member 53038
AndrewB
BCSS Member

Post by AndrewB »

Hi Ed,

No, I got it from a continental seller a few years ago, Vers Kakteen on eBay.

Here it is in full bloom this morning, lightly but pleasantly scented as well!
Attachments
A8019AF9-A03C-42AF-BE7E-59578EEDB8D7.jpeg
ECB0E038-7705-46B0-9DE0-9E03AE3F9624.jpeg
112A6179-1F5F-47FE-B09C-4B25C90FAA79.jpeg
Andrew

Interested in most genera of small to medium ‘globular’ cacti, large flowering Mammillaria, Epiphyllum, Trichocereus, Hildewintera, Cleistocactus etc, small Agaves, Lithops, Titanopsis, Faucaria etc, plus hybridising.
edds
BCSS Member

Post by edds »

Thanks Andrew, a great, full shaped bloom.

I have had a plant bought as Darley Leopard open this morning,
Echinopsis 'Darley Leopard'
Echinopsis 'Darley Leopard'
Though I don't think it is that cultivar!
Ed

BCSS member 53038
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

I have lots of buds on the Echinopsis, including 14 on one unnamed. But no flowers ... yet. Some which flowered last year don't have buds, and some newbies are promising.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
AndrewB
BCSS Member

Post by AndrewB »

Terry,

The flower on 5-2002 was a bud that survived from last year. It has several buds from this year to come.

Ed,

I thought Darley Leopard was spotted, at least that’s what the sales description I read said.
Andrew

edds
BCSS Member

Post by edds »

AndrewB wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:22 am Ed,

I thought Darley Leopard was spotted, at least that’s what the sales description I read said.
The floral tube should be spotted, the flower should be a pale salmon orange. This flower had neither (past tense as it fell off half way through the day yesterday!)
Ed

BCSS member 53038
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

AndrewB wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:22 am Terry,

The flower on 5-2002 was a bud that survived from last year. It has several buds from this year to come.

Ed,

thanks .... a trip to the GH through the hail/rain/etc reveals a few more buds this afternoon.
BUT
The weather of the past few days has not allowed the excess moisture in the trays (not water just moisture) to evaporate, and together with an RH of a very high value, and now very cold weather, means I fear for the more tender plants which cannot tolerate these abnormal conditions
habanerocat
BCSS Member
Branch: EDENBRIDGE

Post by habanerocat »

el48tel wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:15 pm
AndrewB wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:22 am Terry,

Ed,

thanks .... a trip to the GH through the hail/rain/etc reveals a few more buds this afternoon.
BUT
The weather of the past few days has not allowed the excess moisture in the trays (not water just moisture) to evaporate, and together with an RH of a very high value, and now very cold weather, means I fear for the more tender plants which cannot tolerate these abnormal conditions
On a positive note, the red spider mites will hate it.