Chamaelobivia

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Ross M
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Chamaelobivia

Post by Ross M »

I took pity on this Chamaelobivia last week in the local garden centre's poorly maintained cactus section. Unlike most of the over-priced plants, it was a very reasonable £2.50, healthy and in bud but I had no real idea as to what the flowers would be like. But today I do :grin:
Attachments
IMG_20210514_140907.jpg
Ross

Dunbar, SE Scotland.
BCSS member #46264 (originally joined 1983).
Growing cacti since 1978, with a particular interest in Sulcorebutia and Rebutia.

Diane
BCSS Member

Re: Chamaelobivia

Post by Diane »

What a lucky find! They are super flowers! Chamaelobivia hybrids can be rather addictive....
Diane - member of Kingston branch

Growing cacti - balm to the soul!
edds
BCSS Member

Post by edds »

Great find Ross! And I agree Diane and I know Ross has the same addiction! :lol:
Ed

BCSS member 53038
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

Agreed
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Ross M
BCSS Member

Post by Ross M »

Still doing it's bit today. Is it my eyes or are the flowers less red and more pink as they've matured?
Attachments
IMG_20210517_142410.jpg
Ross

Dunbar, SE Scotland.
BCSS member #46264 (originally joined 1983).
Growing cacti since 1978, with a particular interest in Sulcorebutia and Rebutia.