Czech publications

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
D^L
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: BROMLEY

Czech publications

Post by D^L »

Hi all,
I concede that I know next to nothing about the Czech hobby set up; but I was trying to see if one can get copies, ideally pdf downloads, of some of the Doweld articles in "Sukkulenty". I assume this is a society journal? Or did he set it up himself?

I was particularly triggered by the recent comments on Cochemiea and the papers of interest follow. Does anyone have copies or know how one gets them? Or indeed what "Sukkulenty" is?

Doweld, A.B. 2000a. Nomenclatural adjustments in Cacteae (Cactoideae—Cactaceae), II. Sukkulenty 3: 14–17.
Doweld, A.B. 2000b. An outline of the phylogenetic system of classification of the tribe Cacteae (Cactoideae – Cactaceae). IV. System of classification of the subtribes Cochemieinae, Pelecyphorinae, Escobariinae, and Cactinae. Sukkulenty 3: 37–39

If I recall Doweld's stuff rightly they had the plus that he was pretty clear about what characters defined his decisions. Perhaps whether one agreed that those characters were appropriate, was another question. The ones I recall were focussed entirely on seed structure with no reference to any other issues. So not necessarily going to believe them but keen to read them!
Cheers
David Lambie
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: RUSSIAN publications

Post by Tony R »

Hi David,

Sukkulenty is a Russian journal published in Moscow, see IPNI refs:

Image1.jpg

You can download many of Doweld's articles from Sukkulenty from the website www.academia.edu
For example:

Image2.jpg

Best,
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
D^L
BCSS Member
Branch: BROMLEY

Re: Czech publications

Post by D^L »

Thanks Tony, I had obviously forgotten he was Russian.
academia.edu did the job here, thanks.
Cheers
David