Echinopsis Subdenudata

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
JonNo
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Re: Echinopsis Subdenudata

Post by JonNo »

OK, thanks for the input, much appreciated. I think I'll probably wait for the last three buds to drop before de-potting, just in case... Thanks for the help.
JonNo
BCSS Member

Post by JonNo »

Well, I lost my bet with myself...

Four buds ejected, two still on the plant (one of which is I think about to fall), but today the seventh bud has done me the honour...

I'll wait and see what the remaining two decide to do then de-pot and investigate. But I'm happy I lost my bet!
P7250173.JPG
Ross M
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Ross M »

That's great to see 😀
Ross

Dunbar, SE Scotland.
BCSS member #46264 (originally joined 1983).
Growing cacti since 1978, with a particular interest in Sulcorebutia and Rebutia.

el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

Such an amazing sight, but over, so quickly.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
JonNo
BCSS Member

Post by JonNo »

el48tel wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:10 am Such an amazing sight, but over, so quickly.
Indeed yes, within twenty four hours sadly was already bowing... They shine brightly but briefly.
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

I have a couple of plants which flowered a couple of weeks ago.
More buds .... I thought.
Nope aborted and fell off the plant this last weekend.
All plants ... from different sources.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
JonNo
BCSS Member

Post by JonNo »

el48tel wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:04 am I have a couple of plants which flowered a couple of weeks ago.
Not just mine then! I'm sorry of course to hear that, for your sake, but it does give me a little comfort...
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

JonNo wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:05 pm
el48tel wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:04 am I have a couple of plants which flowered a couple of weeks ago.
Not just mine then! I'm sorry of course to hear that, for your sake, but it does give me a little comfort...
This lunchtime I checked another, which I'm minding for a friend .... those buds are still intact .... there's hope
Diane
BCSS Member

Post by Diane »

The secret with this plant is not to allow it to dry out for long, that’s when the buds abort. Obviously don’t let it sit in wet compost, but regular watering is the key.
Diane - member of Kingston branch

Growing cacti - balm to the soul!
JonNo
BCSS Member

Post by JonNo »

Diane wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:08 pm The secret with this plant is not to allow it to dry out for long, that’s when the buds abort. Obviously don’t let it sit in wet compost, but regular watering is the key.
Noted and thanks Diane. I am experimenting now with a revised watering regime (basically I've doubled up the frequency and am watering from above as well now as the usual from below) and am hopeful of striking the right balance...