Echinopsis Subdenudata

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Timd
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SOUTH WALES

Echinopsis Subdenudata

Post by Timd »

Hi all, I'm pretty new to the forum and this is the first time for me to post. I wanted to share a picture of my Echinopsis Subdenudata which flowered for me for the first time yesterday which I'm really pleased about.
Attachments
IMG_0409.jpg
IMG_0409.jpg (90.87 KiB) Viewed 1380 times
edds
BCSS Member
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Echinopsis Subdenudata

Post by edds »

Lovely plant Tim but you've posted this in the for sale section! I'm guessing you don't want to sell it?!
Ed

BCSS member 53038
Timd
Registered Guest
Branch: SOUTH WALES

Post by Timd »

No it's not for sale. I did mention I'm not particularly good at posting things. I had to get my daughter to attach the picture.

Edit: Moved topic to C&S Forum. Cheers, Tony R, Mod.
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by juster »

Nice plant! Mine also flowered this week, but only 2 blooms, you’ve done well (tu)
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

That's a fine display.
My daughter's plant, which lives in my GH, also had a single bloom yesterday.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Stuart
BCSS Member
Branch: BRIGHTON, HOVE & District

Post by Stuart »

The decision with a plant looking this good, but only for a day, is what to do with it. It either comes indoors when it can be seen in flower for the rest of the day or it stays in the greenhouse where it is only seen for a short time unless you spend all day in the greenhouse. The photo captures it at its best though there are probably three separate plants in the pot.

Stuart
JonNo
BCSS Member

Post by JonNo »

That's beautiful Timd.

Mine is sporting seven "fluffy ball" buds at the moment. I'm taking bets with myself as to how many will go full term. Going on past experience the odds on favourite is - none of them... You've done well!
P6160141.JPG
Ross M
BCSS Member

Post by Ross M »

They seem like quite thirsty plants, particularly at this time of year and when in bud/flower
Ross

Dunbar, SE Scotland.
BCSS member #46264 (originally joined 1983).
Growing cacti since 1978, with a particular interest in Sulcorebutia and Rebutia.

JonNo
BCSS Member

Post by JonNo »

Ross M wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:40 am They seem like quite thirsty plants, particularly at this time of year and when in bud/flower
How frequently do you water yours this time of year Ross?
Ross M
BCSS Member

Post by Ross M »

Depends on your substrate, pot size/type, locality and greenhouse aspect but for smallish plants in a clay pot it would be weekly depending on the weather
Ross

Dunbar, SE Scotland.
BCSS member #46264 (originally joined 1983).
Growing cacti since 1978, with a particular interest in Sulcorebutia and Rebutia.