2 More Hildewinteras

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Sylvia
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SOMERSET
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: 2 More Hildewinteras

Post by Sylvia »

Hi Mat: the programme I am using came with my camera and we had to download it. I have had various upgrades over the years and I think this is where the problem arises. Will have to check with our "tame" Computer Guy who looks after our machines for us.
Sylvia in Somerset growing cacti and succulents since 1977
Sylvia
BCSS Member

Post by Sylvia »

Pattock - interesting I will look into this,
Diane
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by Diane »

Sylvia, if you type the name into the box that appears when you upload the image (next to “place inline”), the name should appear under the image once it’s uploaded into your post.
Diane - member of Kingston branch

Growing cacti - balm to the soul!
Smel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEICESTER

Post by Smel »

Hi Syliva and all,

You should try using a program called Faststone viewer, is resizes, edits, copies and moves all your image files around very easy even if you work with RAW files like me, in fact I offten use it to convert RAW to JPG after editing. You will need nothing else. Unless you want to try the GIMP a super editor the poor mans photoshop!! or RawTherapee again both FREE, just download and install.

By the way Sylvia lovely flowers, you gave my a couple of Hildawinterias, one had small peachy flowers, don't think the other did much, but I know what to look for next!!

Best wishes.

Mel.
Open your mind, but not too much, your brain might fall out !!
BCSS Member Leicester.

I also like photography, electronics, model building......etc.
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

I recommend the freebie Adobe Photoshop Express. Cellphone or PC versions. I can take a cellphone picture ... edit it (including getting it the right way up) .... and get it on line in less than 2 minutes on a bad day... 40 seconds on a good day.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Sylvia
BCSS Member

Post by Sylvia »

Thank you everyone for your kind advice and I have taken all your suggestions on board and will follow them up.
With regard to the name of the plant I have not progressed much further on that score only that it is obviously the wrong name. That is always the problem until they flower you are not sure you have the right plant. I am in touch with the seller I bought it from but haven't had much luck so far.