Large new outdoor c&s project

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Paul in Essex
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SOUTHAMPTON
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Large new outdoor c&s project

Post by Paul in Essex »

Hah. very kind of you. :grin: I can see Easyjet letting me put that on as a cabin bag.
www.oasisdesigns.co.uk

Exotic garden design.
Pattock
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by Pattock »

Paul in Essex wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:30 am Thank you all for your encouragement!

My initial phase of planting is done so it is now a case of watching it all settle in and grow. Meanwhile I have some other side projects - with a surplus of old bricks and a naturally sandy clay soil I thought I'd start to build a cob pizza oven :)
You know that perlite is an easy and cheap additive to increase the insulation of a clay or concrete oven, I presume? Makes the mixture a lot lighter, too.
Asclepiomaniac. Armchair ethnobotanist.
Occasional, eclectic blogger:
http://pattheplants.blogspot.com/
Paul in Essex
BCSS Member
Branch: SOUTHAMPTON
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Paul in Essex »

Pattock wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:18 pm You know that perlite is an easy and cheap additive to increase the insulation of a clay or concrete oven, I presume? Makes the mixture a lot lighter, too.
Yes, I've seen that - it is a great idea. So much stuff on the internet! :) I'm actually planning to go down the 'lo-tech' route and use barley straw in the mix for the insulation layer, followed by a lime mortar plaster layer :) Weather permitting I am laying the oven floor today - quarry tiles salvaged from the old house set into a refractory mortar mix.
www.oasisdesigns.co.uk

Exotic garden design.