Echinopsis flowers

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Phil_SK
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Re: Echinopsis flowers

Post by Phil_SK »

el48tel wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:37 pm
Phil_SK wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:49 pm
el48tel wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:15 pm I have this as Echinopsis purpureopilosa (Trichocereus purpureopilosus) FR 997 Lobivia purpureominiata Soehrensia crassicaulis
Two similar names jumbled together here - purpureopilosus is a white-flowered (allegedly with purple hairs) candicans relative whereas purpureominiata is a purple-red-flowered plant close to Soehrensia grandiflora/crassicaulis.
That's the problem with buying a very old plant .... with naff labels
The FR997 helps to cut through all the confusion.
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by el48tel »

Phil_SK wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:17 pm
el48tel wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:37 pm
Phil_SK wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:49 pm Two similar names jumbled together here - purpureopilosus is a white-flowered (allegedly with purple hairs) candicans relative whereas purpureominiata is a purple-red-flowered plant close to Soehrensia grandiflora/crassicaulis.
That's the problem with buying a very old plant .... with naff labels
The FR997 helps to cut through all the confusion.
I thank you for that information and that I needed to check Ralph's database.
I think (and memory is very poor these days) that I added "Lobivia purpureominiata" to the label when I read the faded ancient one in transcribing the contents to the new one
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Cidermanrolls
BCSS Member
Branch: LINCOLN

Post by Cidermanrolls »

Some small flower hybrids today
Attachments
C7FFA911-42C9-48A5-B575-0455DB5AEC10.jpeg
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

Cidermanrolls wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:47 pm Some small flower hybrids today
some little crackers there!
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.