A bit of sunshine

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
MikeT
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

A bit of sunshine

Post by MikeT »

Years ago I grew a couple of Aichryson species from Sedum Society seed. I think bollei and punctatum. One/both freely self seed around in the greenhouse, cold frames, and even a few outdoors. Surplus plants, or those in the 'wrong' pots of other plants, are very easily pulled out, so I'm happy to let them carry on. This one's ancestors must have hitchhiked to the allotment in another plant's pot. It's grown in the soil under the greenhouse staging, and presumably with the free root run (in soil that's had plenty of tomato fertiliser) it's out-performed all of its siblings. It would appear to be punctatum not bollei from the quantity of flowers. It puts a smile on my face each time I go in and see it. I wouldn't like to try counting the number of flowers, but it's been performing for some weeks now, a real patch of sunshine even when the clouds are overhead.
Aichryson_.jpg
Mike T

Sheffield Branch
BCSS member26525
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: A bit of sunshine

Post by Tina »

WOw, thats a display and a half
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Re: A bit of sunshine

Post by rodsmith »

Wat a super show.
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.