Confirm ID

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Tina
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Confirm ID

Post by Tina »

This is another plant from David K's collection.
I think its Stenocereus beneckerei with a bit of damage, anyone confirm or is there another that's similar.
Anyone grow this ?, what's the minimum temp you keep it at as it was in David's cool Gh and has lots of damage so I wondered if it was too cold for it.

I will chop it and re root the top section
stenocereus maybe.jpg
stenocereus maybe body.jpg
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Herts Mike
BCSS Member
Branch: LEA VALLEY

Re: Confirm ID

Post by Herts Mike »

Certainly looks like it Tina.

I grew it in my old collection and it shared a space with the Stapeliads at 10c and grew quite happily. Topsy might be able to advise further.
Stuart
BCSS Member
Branch: BRIGHTON, HOVE & District

Post by Stuart »

Yes, Stenocereus (I still call it Lemaireocereus) Beneckei, not often seen nowadays. I think we both bought one from the same source many years ago. I remember talking about it when I saw it in David's greenhouse as our plants were just about identical. The new growth is very pale, almost white and makes an attractive plant. It will mark in cold winters though, aim for 10C preferably. I gave mine away last year after it flowered.

Stuart
fero
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by fero »

A lovely plant Tina, you will work some magic on it I'm sure . I really wanted to come to the auction, not possible this time. have you managed to add any more E poissoni 's to your collection. Their where some great plants.
Happy growing
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Tina »

The auction went really well and bidding was quite surprising sometimes and Oops, I did buy a euphorbia unispina that I didn't really need but wanted to bid on something :???: .
I got the second biggest with two arms I have just about squeezed it in but it does still need a new 'pretty 'pot.
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
fero
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by fero »

Very jelly. Well done (tu)