William's Cactus NEGATIVE review  Solved

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
MatDz
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

William's Cactus NEGATIVE review

Post by MatDz »

I guess we need them or the market and customer support will never improve.

I'll keep it short:
  • £70+ order made on the 8th of June (5 weeks ago, including a Dioscorea sp. Mwarandinda, RM1091, currently still available);
  • Email contact attempts on the 15th, 21st and 24th;
  • Facebook message on the 29th, received, also active on Facebook;
  • PayPal case opened on the 5th of July;
  • and escalated on the 11th;
  • Resolution should come on the 21st.
Thank you for your attention.
Mat
esp
BCSS Member
Branch: BIRMINGHAM & District

Re: William's Cactus NEGATIVE review

Post by esp »

The poor operation of the website really puts me off.
Far too many out of stock items, or with no description, size indication etc. Particularly annoying, and frequent: Click on something to place it in the basket and get the "Sorry only 0 in stock" message.
Stuart
BCSS Member
Branch: BRIGHTON, HOVE & District

Post by Stuart »

Craig isn't on the list of nurseries at the Cactus Mart in Yorkshire next week. With the lack of events during the past year, there's not much news going around the nursery trade. I hope he's OK.

Stuart
MatDz
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by MatDz »

Stuart wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:30 am Craig isn't on the list of nurseries at the Cactus Mart in Yorkshire next week. With the lack of events during the past year, there's not much news going around the nursery trade. I hope he's OK.

Stuart
Unless someone else is operating his personal Facebook account, he was all right and watching football on Sunday, which basically convinced me this "review" has its place.
Mat
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Post by Tina »

Didn't someone also buy some plants that were wrongly labeled off this person or was it another co.
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Stuart
BCSS Member
Branch: BRIGHTON, HOVE & District

Post by Stuart »

Strange, I don't use Facebook and I don't think Craig is on the Forum, anyone know what's happening?

Stuart
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

Since you have applied to PayPal to escalate the matter, and their due process gives you a date by which they will have carried out their investigation, would it not be right to wait, and allow this to happen before blackening the business, for which you could be considered as being libellous. There may be a legitimate reason for the events you described.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
esp
BCSS Member
Branch: BIRMINGHAM & District

Post by esp »

el48tel wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:01 pm Since you have applied to PayPal to escalate the matter, and their due process gives you a date by which they will have carried out their investigation, would it not be right to wait, and allow this to happen before blackening the business, for which you could be considered as being libellous.
If MatDz's original post is purely a list of actual occurrences, how can it be libelous?
Libel requires a false statement to have been made.
Giving a negative review with reasonable justification is not libel.
Tony R
Branch: BROMLEY

Post by Tony R »

MatDz wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:31 am I guess we need them or the market and customer support will never improve.

I'll keep it short:
  • £70+ order made on the 8th of June (5 weeks ago, including a Dioscorea sp. Mwarandinda, RM1091, currently still available);
  • Email contact attempts on the 15th, 21st and 24th;
  • Facebook message on the 29th, received, also active on Facebook;
  • PayPal case opened on the 5th of July;
  • and escalated on the 11th;
  • Resolution should come on the 21st.
Thank you for your attention.
Calling his mobile number after your first email failed would have been an easier option!
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

esp wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:13 pm
el48tel wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:01 pm Since you have applied to PayPal to escalate the matter, and their due process gives you a date by which they will have carried out their investigation, would it not be right to wait, and allow this to happen before blackening the business, for which you could be considered as being libellous.
If MatDz's original post is purely a list of actual occurrences, how can it be libelous?
Libel requires a false statement to have been made.
Giving a negative review with reasonable justification is not libel.
Until we know the outcome of the PayPal investigation. we are NOT in possession of all of the facts.
1. we only have MatDz's version
2. the company has the right to reply
3. it would be better to take a real legal opinion
4. TonyR's suggestion makes sense
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.