Definitely not a Turbinicarpus

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
el48tel
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Definitely not a Turbinicarpus

Post by el48tel »

A strug seedling in a pot of own collection Turbinicarpus seeds.

Think it must be an Echinopsis.

The pink tinge is from the gro-light.

PSX_20210725_182044.jpg
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
edds
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Re: Definitely not a Turbinicarpus

Post by edds »

I think you're right Terry. Has a Trichocereus (or hybrid of) look about it to me depending on whether you think they are a distinct group or not!
Ed

BCSS member 53038
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

edds wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:36 pm I think you're right Terry. Has a Trichocereus (or hybrid of) look about it to me depending on whether you think they are a distinct group or not!
Ed
I think I can guess what one of the parents might be! You probably can too!
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
edds
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by edds »

Salmon orange by any chance??? :mrgreen:
Ed

BCSS member 53038
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

edds wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:19 pm Salmon orange by any chance??? :mrgreen:
(tu)