Almost a full house

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
MikeDom
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: GLOUCESTER
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Almost a full house

Post by MikeDom »

Ross M wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:35 pm Wow, what are you watering it with Mike, Creamola Foam? Well it's certainly looking really good with your cultivation. A very impressive plant 👍
I had to look that up, I'd never heard of it. Just the standard 2 pints of water per watering with half a level teaspoon of Chempack 8 - the soil it lives in has no nutrients and is more than 75% coarse sand.

The seedlings grow quickly as well. These are seeds of the plant sown in June last year and here are the seedlings on 10 Sept 2020 in a 2.75 inch pot.
IMG_0159.jpg

Repotted into pure lava rock on 15 May 2021.
IMG_2464.jpg

The same plants on 28 July 2021. Larger plants are 1.5cm diameter. Not bad growth for 1 year olds. Ignore the orange markings on some, I got lazy and watered from above once instead of dunking the pot.
IMG_2651.jpg
Mike

BCSS member 39216

Active grower of caudiciform succulents and mesembs. I don't really grow cacti (very often).