New Agave book

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
edds
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: New Agave book

Post by edds »

(tu)
Ed

BCSS member 53038
edds
BCSS Member

Post by edds »

Similar answer from Jeff Moore but a bit more detail and a possible slight solution. He reckons the most in a box is 4 due to weight internationally and there's not much difference in price. Seems odd that we can't get it shipped by sea, even if it takes a few months!
Ed

BCSS member 53038
edds
BCSS Member

Post by edds »

He's just emailed again and we might have solution. Apparently Colin Walker and Graham Charles have ordered books in the past from some Jeff deals with to ship them over at much lower rates. I'm going to look into the details after the BCSS talk this evening and will keep you all posted!

Ed
Ed

BCSS member 53038
Paul in Essex
BCSS Member
Branch: SOUTHEND-ON-SEA

Post by Paul in Essex »

In terms of a bulk discount Jeremy says he could do 3 x boxes of 8 of the soft cover at 40% discount, even if the shipping was out of his hands. Be interesting if this could be combined with the cheaper shipping. Maybe Keith could shift that many or more?
www.oasisdesigns.co.uk

Exotic garden design.
edds
BCSS Member

Post by edds »

I've emailed Keith your post Paul and I've also just emailed DHL who it seems were cheapest in the past under the trade name Transglobal to see what they can do, if anything. I've even tried to look at international shippers to see if a bunch of heavy boxes can be added to a container but that seems to be about the same price due to the shipping log-jams. Feels like we've gone back in time with all the difficulties of buying from abroad!
Ed

BCSS member 53038
Tony K
BCSS Member
Branch: HAVERING

Post by Tony K »

It would be lovely if something could be arranged to import some of the books for sale here, I would be interested in having one. It looks a beautiful work.
peter831shaw
Registered Guest

Post by peter831shaw »

This is a great book. My brother is a great friend of Jeff Moore as I am. My brother surprised me with an Christmas present.

Peter
Peter Shaw
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Post by Tina »

We have got Jeremy Spath one of the authors giving us a zoom talk on agaves in February next year.
We can ask lots of questions then and see all the agave 'eye candy' that they can grow in their gardens :sad: , jealous certainly :lol:
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Patrick
BCSS Member
Branch: SOMERSET

Post by Patrick »

I'll look forward to that (tu)
Patrick. Small varied collection of North American, Mexican and Andean Cacti. Variegated Agaves and Echeveria. Developing a succulent garden in Portugal. Joined Somerset BCSS and forum in 2007.
Paul in Essex
BCSS Member
Branch: SOUTHEND-ON-SEA

Post by Paul in Essex »

Breaking news.... now available on Amazon and with a free delivery promotion! £35-odd.
www.oasisdesigns.co.uk

Exotic garden design.