Argyrodermas

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
todatom
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Argyrodermas

Post by todatom »

Simple question - is it better to water these plants throughout the winter, or to stop after flowering and allow the new leaves to draw moisture from the old leaves?
rthr
BCSS Member

Re: Argyrodermas

Post by rthr »

Let them dry out after flowering then give them gentle waterings again in early spring through to autumn.

Catherine
todatom
BCSS Member

Re: Argyrodermas

Post by todatom »

Thanks, Catherine. I see that you are in Spain. The summers there must be as hot as they are here on the Eastern side of Japan and I guess that the winters are sunny and pleasant, so in many ways (not sure whether you have humidity in the summer) your growing conditions must be similar to mine. If you grow your plants outside (ie not under lights) and you are willing, I would very much like to correspond with you directly about the growing periods for certain types of mesembs in your local conditions. My email address is:-

tomlinzon2004@yahoo.co.uk

Hope to hear from you!

Regards,

Alan