Grusonii

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
scousetigger
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Grusonii

Post by scousetigger »

I knew it was fatal to go to Homebase with hubby.....I spotted this grusonii being sold off half price...so I bought it. It is the largest one in the photo and has a diameter of nearly 13 inches.
Attachments
4RzhRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA8BAgAJAAAAkgAAABABAgAPAAAAmwAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAAqgAAABsBBQABAAAAsgAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAUAAAAugAAADIBAgAUAAAAzgAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAJiCAgAFAAAA4gAAAGmHBAABAAAA6AAAAAgDAABGVUpJRklMTQBGaW5lUGl
4RzhRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA8BAgAJAAAAkgAAABABAgAPAAAAmwAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAAqgAAABsBBQABAAAAsgAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAUAAAAugAAADIBAgAUAAAAzgAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAJiCAgAFAAAA4gAAAGmHBAABAAAA6AAAAAgDAABGVUpJRklMTQBGaW5lUGl (94.32 KiB) Viewed 4656 times
Cactus Jack
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHERN IRELAND
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Re: Grusonii

Post by Cactus Jack »

Hi Sue, they were trying to sell them for ?60. over here in N.I. , they were not rushing off the shelves needless to say. Now if they brought Ferro's in at the same size........I might have had to make a purchase 8-)

Stephen.. Bangor. N. Ireland.
scousetigger
Registered Guest

Post by scousetigger »

That was the original price...and I wouldn't have paid that for it.
Mike
BCSS Member
Branch: WILTSHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Mike »

Good luck with your new giant! Nearly big enough to flower!
Mike

Based in Wiltshire and growing a mix of cacti and succulents.
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by iann »

Pick these up in the Canery Islands, they are incredibly cheap but a little heavy in the suitcase!

Cheshire, UK
scousetigger
Registered Guest

Post by scousetigger »

And very prickly!!!! LOL
Cactus Jack
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHERN IRELAND
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Post by Cactus Jack »

Are you/we able to bring plants back from the Canerys as hand luggage leagaly?? im hopefully going there next summer.

Stephen.. Bangor. N. Ireland.
scousetigger
Registered Guest

Post by scousetigger »

I'm not sure if you can....in case of bringing in anything harmful as well.
Mike
BCSS Member
Branch: WILTSHIRE

Post by Mike »

I believe so - The Canaries being part of Spain are part of the EU, and therefore subject to relatively few export controls to the UK.

Unfortunately the difficulty in controlling imports to the Canaries has been abused by all too many plant and animal sugglers, though.

Mike

Based in Wiltshire and growing a mix of cacti and succulents.
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by iann »

I just checked with DEFRA and The Canary Islands are classified as non-EU for the purposes of plant imports to the UK. However, subject to the limit of five plants (or various other quantities of seed, cut flowers, etc.) strictly for personal use, you are allowed to import almost any species from the Canaries. Strangely enough, for the purposes of CITES, The Canary Islands are considered part of the EU. Movement of CITES species within the EU does not require a permit.

Cheshire, UK