Cobweb Cactus  Solved

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
George
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Cobweb Cactus

Post by George »

Hi Everyone

I went to our local flower show yesterday and purhased a plant that I was told was a cobweb cactus for 25 pence the pot was worth that alone the top of the plant has a cobweb on it can anyone tell me anything about it

Best Regards George

Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Re: Cobweb Cactus

Post by Phil_SK »

Cobweb cactus doesn't give us much to go on. If you've a digital camera (even a mobile phone one) and could take a pic that would help.
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
Geoff Lovell
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Geoff Lovell »

Sounds like Sempervivum Arachnoideum, try searching on Google

Founder member BCSS # 32426,
Growing Cacti and Succulents for over 40 years,
mixed collection but prefer succulents particularly caudiciforms.
Phil Hocking
BCSS Member
Branch: SOMERSET
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by Phil Hocking »

Sempervivum arachnoideum is one I thought of. It's a rosette of leaves with a cobweb spun around them. For common names in general try this site

Phil in Somerset, UK
Member of Somerset branch. I have a diverse mixture of small cacti plus a few larger survivors from a previous collection. I also like Stapeliads, Titanopsis, Anacampseros, and various other succulents. Now proud owner of many self-raised seedlings.
George

Re: Cobweb Cactus  Solved

Post by George »

Thanks to you all for prompt reply in identifying the cobweb I have more to cactus to identyfying when I take pics thanks once again

Regards George