opuntia articulata

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Roy
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: HULL
Role within the BCSS: Member

opuntia articulata

Post by Roy »

Opuntia articulata is not easy to flower, in fact it is not easy to stop it falling to bits. This variety however, oligacanthus, is one of the easier Opuntia's to flower in the UK
Attachments
4SJIRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAKAA4BAgAgAAAAhgAAAA8BAgAFAAAApgAAABABAgAKAAAAqwAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAAtQAAABsBBQABAAAAvQAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADIBAgAVAAAAxQAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAGmHBAABAAAA2gAAAJUCAAAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgAFNPTlkAQ1lCRVJTSE9
4SJIRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAKAA4BAgAgAAAAhgAAAA8BAgAFAAAApgAAABABAgAKAAAAqwAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAAtQAAABsBBQABAAAAvQAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADIBAgAVAAAAxQAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAGmHBAABAAAA2gAAAJUCAAAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgAFNPTlkAQ1lCRVJTSE9 (72.58 KiB) Viewed 2463 times
Member Bcss
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Re: opuntia articulata

Post by Phil_SK »

Good going! Any chance of a pic of the plant?
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
Roy
BCSS Member

Post by Roy »

If the rain ever stops I will take one. It is a tatty plant.
Member Bcss
NickT
Registered Guest

Post by NickT »

Nice flower Roy.

I never like opuntia's after a nast accident with a O.Microdasys when I was younger Lol!!

Trouble is I quite like some of them now & some of the other Tephro's How big a greenhouse will I end up with I wonder Lol!!!

Nick T
Warwickshire

A lot of all sorts
Cactus Jack
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHERN IRELAND
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Post by Cactus Jack »

Tatty or not Roy, they are worth keeping if they flower like that, are there many white flowered opuntia's??

Stephen.. Bangor. N. Ireland.
Roy
BCSS Member

Post by Roy »

Nick,
you wont need a big greenhouse but you will need protection from the rain in winter.
Stephen just taking a quick look at the NCL there apears to be about 10 that are white or a very pale yellow but not all the flowers are illustrated and there does not seem to be enough Opuntias in that book.
Member Bcss