Thelocactus flowers

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Martin
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: OXFORD
Role within the BCSS: Vice-Chairman

Thelocactus flowers

Post by Martin »

I have spent an hour or so in the greenhouse today taking some pictures for the talk I am preparing on Thelocactus for next year and this plant is into its third or fourth wave of flowers this year. We had a short half hour of sun which openned the flowers

Just thought I would share .....

Post Edited (08-23-06 19:31)
Martin
Northern Hampshire
Secretary Oxford Branch
'Thelocactus' National Plant Collection
Martin
BCSS Member

Re: Thelocactus flowers

Post by Martin »

I will try again with the picture !

Attachments
+EEYUV4aWYAAElJKgAIAAAACwAPAQIACQAAAJIAAAAQAQIAEgAAAJsAAAASAQMAAQAAAAAAAAAaAQUAAQAAAK0AAAAbAQUAAQAAALUAAAAoAQMAAQAAAAIAAAAxAQIAKQAAAL0AAAAyAQIAFAAAAOYAAAATAgMAAQAAAAIAAACYggIABQAAAPoAAABphwQAAQAAAP8AAAAAAAAARlVKSUZJTE0ARmluZVBpeCBTNjAyIFp
+EEYUV4aWYAAElJKgAIAAAACwAPAQIACQAAAJIAAAAQAQIAEgAAAJsAAAASAQMAAQAAAAAAAAAaAQUAAQAAAK0AAAAbAQUAAQAAALUAAAAoAQMAAQAAAAIAAAAxAQIAKQAAAL0AAAAyAQIAFAAAAOYAAAATAgMAAQAAAAIAAACYggIABQAAAPoAAABphwQAAQAAAP8AAAAAAAAARlVKSUZJTE0ARmluZVBpeCBTNjAyIFp (35.23 KiB) Viewed 2238 times
Martin
Northern Hampshire
Secretary Oxford Branch
Mike
BCSS Member
Branch: WILTSHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Mike »

Gorgeous. It seems every Th. species has big, vibrant flowers. Just wish I could keep the sooty mould off my three. This year the ants don't seem interested in the secretions that seem to attract the mould!
Mike

Based in Wiltshire and growing a mix of cacti and succulents.
Martin
BCSS Member

Post by Martin »

Mike

I agree the mould is a bit of an issue and I too find it difficult to keep them clean. Some are more of a problem than others. The bicolor group are the most notable offenders.

Ants have been notably absent this summer and so we shall see if the winter causes a major problem.

Martin
Northern Hampshire
Secretary Oxford Branch
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by iann »

All the ants moved north! Its like a 1950's B film up here this year ...

Cheshire, UK