Aztekium hintonii  Solved

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Aztekium hintonii

Post by Guest »

This is the first one I have got to flower it is about 5cm diameter, they certainly grow faster than Aztekium ritteri

Attachments
8A
8A (77.83 KiB) Viewed 3130 times
Derek
Registered Guest

Re: Aztekium hintonii

Post by Derek »

Superb! How old is it? Grafted or OR?
Regards Derek Milton Keynes UK
phil
BCSS Member
Branch: HERNE BAY
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Post by phil »

Hi Bob, nice little plants these, I have a couple of a similar size to yours and both have been flowering well this year. They are certainly faster growing than 'A. ritteri' aren't they and make a good addition to any collection.

Phil. (Kent, England) BCSS Herne Bay & District Branch.
Collecting Cacti-1961. Forum member-September 2004.
Favourites= Mexican miniatures.
http://www.cactusplant.co.uk

Re: Aztekium hintonii  Solved

Post by Guest »

Derek,

It is on it's own roots, I have a few all growing well. I don't know how old this one is as I only got it 18 months ago. If you look arefully you can see this years growth in between the ribs just under the flowers.

I treat it like my ariocarous, no water from above and on the top shelf. They look much better on their own roots and seem to grow equally quickly. I only have one grafted on as a comparison so I may be wrong on this.

Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Tina »

Hi Bob

Lovely plant & smashing colour flower, I have tried growing these from seed but I think next yr it's treat myself to a couple of plants as I have had none or poor germination.
well done on growing on it's own root's I'm too heavy handed sometimes with the old watering can :~)

Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Phil Hocking
BCSS Member
Branch: SOMERSET
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by Phil Hocking »

I have 5 seedlings and they are the slowest of all the ones I sowed. They are still only the size of a pin head. Unfortunately my Aztekium ritteri seeds failed to germinate entirely, so I will try again next year.

Phil
Member of Somerset branch. I have a diverse mixture of small cacti plus a few larger survivors from a previous collection. I also like Stapeliads, Titanopsis, Anacampseros, and various other succulents. Now proud owner of many self-raised seedlings.
turnipfarmer
Registered Guest

Post by turnipfarmer »

always best for things to be on their own roots!
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by iann »

Its a corduroy Astrophytum!

Cheshire, UK