one for Ian-mesemb

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Tina
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

one for Ian-mesemb

Post by Tina »

Hi ian
One of my Lithops which was showing all these flowers when I got home on sunday.
Its a great little plant as it always seem to divide into two heads, its actually starting to make the pot a bit mishapen so when is the best time to repot ?.

Post Edited (09-06-06 09:17)
Attachments
4RySRXhpZgAATU0AKgAAAAgACgEPAAIAAAAJAAAAhgEQAAIAAAAPAAAAjwESAAMAAAABAAEAAAEaAAUAAAABAAAAngEbAAUAAAABAAAApgEoAAMAAAABAAIAAAExAAIAAAAUAAAArgEyAAIAAAAUAAAAwoKYAAIAAAAFAAAA1odpAAQAAAABAAAA3AAAAvxGVUpJRklMTQBGaW5lUGl4IFM3MDAwIAAAAAB
4RySRXhpZgAATU0AKgAAAAgACgEPAAIAAAAJAAAAhgEQAAIAAAAPAAAAjwESAAMAAAABAAEAAAEaAAUAAAABAAAAngEbAAUAAAABAAAApgEoAAMAAAABAAIAAAExAAIAAAAUAAAArgEyAAIAAAAUAAAAwoKYAAIAAAAFAAAA1odpAAQAAAABAAAA3AAAAvxGVUpJRklMTQBGaW5lUGl4IFM3MDAwIAAAAAB (99.88 KiB) Viewed 2888 times
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Tina
BCSS Member

Re: one for Ian

Post by Tina »

and when I popped back in later it just got better as the Pleiospilos, Tanquana & some L.pseudo truncatella were flowering & there was a really nice smell in the greenhouse, such a welcome homecoming.

Post Edited (09-05-06 20:57)
Attachments
4RngRXhpZgAATU0AKgAAAAgACgEPAAIAAAAJAAAAhgEQAAIAAAAPAAAAjwESAAMAAAABAAEAAAEaAAUAAAABAAAAngEbAAUAAAABAAAApgEoAAMAAAABAAIAAAExAAIAAAAUAAAArgEyAAIAAAAUAAAAwoKYAAIAAAAFAAAA1odpAAQAAAABAAAA3AAAAvxGVUpJRklMTQBGaW5lUGl4IFM3MDAwIAAAAAB
4RngRXhpZgAATU0AKgAAAAgACgEPAAIAAAAJAAAAhgEQAAIAAAAPAAAAjwESAAMAAAABAAEAAAEaAAUAAAABAAAAngEbAAUAAAABAAAApgEoAAMAAAABAAIAAAExAAIAAAAUAAAArgEyAAIAAAAUAAAAwoKYAAIAAAAFAAAA1odpAAQAAAABAAAA3AAAAvxGVUpJRklMTQBGaW5lUGl4IFM3MDAwIAAAAAB (91.87 KiB) Viewed 2888 times
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Tina
BCSS Member

Post by Tina »

and my one & only Conophytum, forgot to say thanks for the seeds Ian :@).

Attachments
4SGgRXhpZgAATU0AKgAAAAgACgEPAAIAAAAJAAAAhgEQAAIAAAAPAAAAjwESAAMAAAABAAEAAAEaAAUAAAABAAAAngEbAAUAAAABAAAApgEoAAMAAAABAAIAAAExAAIAAAAUAAAArgEyAAIAAAAUAAAAwoKYAAIAAAAFAAAA1odpAAQAAAABAAAA3AAAAvxGVUpJRklMTQBGaW5lUGl4IFM3MDAwIAAAAAB
4SGgRXhpZgAATU0AKgAAAAgACgEPAAIAAAAJAAAAhgEQAAIAAAAPAAAAjwESAAMAAAABAAEAAAEaAAUAAAABAAAAngEbAAUAAAABAAAApgEoAAMAAAABAAIAAAExAAIAAAAUAAAArgEyAAIAAAAUAAAAwoKYAAIAAAAFAAAA1odpAAQAAAABAAAA3AAAAvxGVUpJRklMTQBGaW5lUGl4IFM3MDAwIAAAAAB (89.32 KiB) Viewed 2888 times
Tina

Bucks, UK
Chris2

Post by Chris2 »

Hello Tina
What splendid flowers on the cono., are they really as red as that? Any idea of its parents?
Chris
Purley
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by iann »

Lovely Lithops, its nice when every head flowers on the same day. Strange how some double up nearly every year while others stay with a small number of huge heads. I like to repot at the end of winter, but any time seems to be OK, just don't water them afterwards for a while.

And a striking Conophytum. Is it 'Betty'?

Seeds? Me? I don't remember.

Cheshire, UK

Re: one for Ian-mesemb

Post by Guest »

Hi Tina,

My approach with Lithops was to repot over the winter whilst the plants were resting. I also cleaned up old leaf skins and they start growing fine come the next season. I think just about any time in the rest period is fine to be honest.

AntonyC
BCSS Member
Branch: BRADFORD

Post by AntonyC »

Hi Tina,
Might i say that is an excellent display from your Lithops and the colours of the cono. are just amazing. My collection of cono's has just thrown up its first buds but i'm not expecting anything as georgeous as yours.If you get any seeds from them and fancy a trade drop me a line.
Again, beautiful.............. :-)
Ant

Growing anything I can keep alive :-)
Birmingham branch member
NickT
Registered Guest

Post by NickT »

I can't compete with that Tina but mine are just starting to flower now.

Attachments
8QAHwAAAQUBAQEBAQE
8QAHwAAAQUBAQEBAQE (39.25 KiB) Viewed 2888 times
Nick T
Warwickshire

A lot of all sorts
NickT
Registered Guest

Post by NickT »

and another

Attachments