ELK 2020

Post details of any upcoming events, meets or newsworthy stories about our hobby.
habanerocat
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: DUBLIN
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: ELK 2020

Post by habanerocat »

.... and then coming to an end on Saturday evening, they seemed to be the first to offer discounts as of course all the plants would have to be re-potted when they got home.
Stuart
BCSS Member
Branch: BRIGHTON, HOVE & District

Post by Stuart »

The sales areas didn't look very busy, like photos of cactus marts in the UK shown on the Forum taken at quieter times in the day. Was the ELK attendance down on the usual numbers. Usually there's no spaces left in the car park for most of the weekend. Did anyone from the UK go, although all the UK rooms were cancelled some people usually stay nearby.
The only thing that stopped me going was having to quarantine in Holland afterwards.

Stuart
habanerocat
BCSS Member
Branch: DUBLIN

Post by habanerocat »

The worst thing about ELK is that it's too late in the year.

I've already lost a couple of plants trying to get them repotted, bug free and established before the cold sets in.
Sprayed three days after repotting with SB. In a soggy mush now a week later when I was considering another spray.

:mad: :mad: :mad:
Aiko
BCSS Member
Branch: None

ELK 2022

Post by Aiko »

Who's going to the ELK this year?
If there are not Covid restrictions again this year, I will very likely be going again. It has been three years for me!
Stuart
BCSS Member
Branch: BRIGHTON, HOVE & District

Post by Stuart »

All set, UK National one week and ELK the next week. I'm not in my usual corner, will be in the row straight on from the entrance, smart tent this year with more light coming through. Come and say hello as I'll be on my own this year. I've missed two in a row due to Covid and quarantine rules. It's looking good so far for this year.

Stuart
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Post by Tina »

Not going :sad: unless they get a phyto person there or there is some where nearby
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

Just three more days (for me then, I will visit it on Saturday)...!
Fun to be there after three years.
MatDz
BCSS Member

Post by MatDz »

Aiko wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:13 pm Just three more days (for me then, I will visit it on Saturday)...!
Fun to be there after three years.
Just remember to fulfill the expectations of a thorough photographic report like the one from the recent Nationals!
Mat
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

You are aksing that to maybe the only person there that absolutely hates phones and is not interested in photography. So I will not have a phone or camera on me, as I never do.
MatDz
BCSS Member

Post by MatDz »

I'm fairly sure there will be plenty of photographs afterwards all over the internet, so you might be excused this time!

Jokes aside, I am just jealous, enjoy!
Mat