Dont be shy

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
babytoes1956
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Re: Dont be shy

Post by babytoes1956 »

UhligKakteen
UhligKakteen
Greetings from a dreary grey Manchester. My name is John, and I am rekindling an old passion, as I return to the wonderful world of cacti and succulents. I'm trying my hand at Lithops, which I killed many years ago, but I am now armed with many cultivation guides that weren't readily available when I first attempted to care for them. I have planted these in a wonderful handmade planter from an artist in the Basque region of Spain. He grows tons of succulents and cacti, makes incredibly detailed botanical drawings, and raises Italian greyhounds.
BCSS 53332
MSG 3276
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by juster »

Welcome to the Forum John, I'm sure you will find plenty to interest you here, good luck with your Lithops :welc:
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
babytoes1956
BCSS Member

Post by babytoes1956 »

juster wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:06 pm Welcome to the Forum John, I'm sure you will find plenty to interest you here, good luck with your Lithops :welc:
Thanks Juster!

I spent part of last evening bidding on e-Bay Mesembs offered by a BCSS member, and had great success, winning 5 of 7 contests. Now I'll be adding some more Lithops, a Gibbaeum and a Lapidaria to my small collection.
Also read up on Lophophora thread, as I have two, and I was concerned about the amount of rain they have been getting outside. Mine have been getting so much rain in Manchester, that I have been worried about rotting them, despite assurances that they are hard to rot. I may bring them inside to a south windowsill and set an oscillating fan on them to evaporate some of the moisture.
BCSS 53332
MSG 3276
Lucyj
BCSS Member
Branch: NOTTINGHAM
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Lucyj »

juster wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:06 pm Welcome to the Forum John, I'm sure you will find plenty to interest you here, good luck with your Lithops :welc:
Hi,

My name is Lucy and I have been interested in growing cacti for years. It was my late dad's interest too so I get him from him.
I am still finding my feet and I am. Quite active on the Facebook group.
Hopefully I will find my favourite cacti soon and concentrate on them rather than buying every one I see!!
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by juster »

Welcome Lucy, I should just concentrate on enjoying your plants and watching them grow and flower.
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
Abigail123
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD

Post by Abigail123 »

Hi, I'm a junior member from Sheffield branch and I've just made an account on the forums. I enjoy crossing aloes and some of the plants I find most interesting are echeveria and euphorbia.
Herts Mike
BCSS Member
Branch: LEA VALLEY

Post by Herts Mike »

Hi Abigail. Good to see your interest in Aloes.
Paul D
BCSS Trustee
Branch: GRAMPIAN (N.E.Scotland)
Role within the BCSS: Trustee

Post by Paul D »

Abigail123 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:35 pm Hi, I'm a junior member from Sheffield branch and I've just made an account on the forums. I enjoy crossing aloes and some of the plants I find most interesting are echeveria and euphorbia.
Welcome Abigail!
Paul in North-east Scotland (Grampian Branch BCSS)
National Collection Rebutia, Aylostera & Weingartia (inc. Sulcorebutia). Also growing a mixture including Ferocactus, Gymnocalycium, Lobivia, Mammillaria, Lithops, Gasteria, Haworthia.
http://www.rebutia.org.uk
matt99is
Branch: MANCHESTER

Post by matt99is »

Hi gang, just thought I'd give a quick hello.

Have been a member for over a year now so thought I'd say hi!

I'm in Manchester trying to grow a little bit of everything.
ac427
Registered Guest

Post by ac427 »

Hello All, Another home counties new person. I need to get out to one of the local meetings.