Hello from Cheshire!

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
JayDezi
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: CLACTON-on-SEA
Role within the BCSS: Member

Hello from Cheshire!

Post by JayDezi »

Hello everyone,

I'm a brand new member as of this year and it's fun to have some other plant people to chat with.
In 2015 my health went downhill to the point where I was mostly bedridden/housebound. My wife is my carer and there are still days when I can't get out of bed. But now I have plants to help cheer me up!

I have an ever-growing collection of succulents and I take great satisfaction from watching them grow. With my limited energy, It's one of the few things I can still do on my own! :grin:

I have a number of Echeverias, some Haworthias, a couple of Crassula, and some Graptoveria and quite a few Sempervivums! I'm just not as big a fan of cacti, but I'm game for pretty much everything else.

Also, I'm Canadian! I love the gardening culture here in the UK, it's probably my favorite thing about this place.

PS. If anyone in the area is interested in some Bryophyllum daigremontianum. I have far too many!
Profile Avatar: Graptopetalum Bellum
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Re: Hello from Cheshire!

Post by juster »

Welcome to the Forum Jay, I'm sure you will find plenty to interest you here. Life must be difficult for you and your wife, but I'm sure that caring for your plants will be a great help; fortunately cacti and succulents are not too demanding and don't need constant attention, so you have made a great choice, enjoy your plants!
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Hello from Cheshire!

Post by el48tel »

Welcome to the forum Jay.
You will find all kinds of growers here.
Thanks for the offer of Bryophyllum daigremontianum. .... I have my own interloper!
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.