Hello from North Shropshire

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
el48tel
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Hello from North Shropshire

Post by el48tel »

Tony R wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:15 pm
JonNo wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:52 pm
Peter wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:44 pm Hello JonNo. I sent you a message, so check your inbox.
Peter
Hi Peter, thanks for the message - I have replied but my message seems very reluctant to leave my outbox... I'll keep trying.

Just been looking at your posts featuring your greenhouse. Wow..!
JonNo,
FYI, the message will stay in your Outbox until Peter reads it - only then does it move to your Sent box. A quirk of the PM system.
Quirky, it may be, but it does, indirectly tell you that it's been read.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
JonNo
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by JonNo »

JonNo,
FYI, the message will stay in your Outbox until Peter reads it - only then does it move to your Sent box. A quirk of the PM system.
Aah, I see..! Thanks Tony, much obliged. I was struggling to figure it out, another forum I belonged to had a messaging system where messages would only leave your outbox when you logged out. I tried that a couple of times here but it didn't work... Thanks for putting me right!

While I've got you (and hoping this is an appropriate place to put this) can I ask something else to do with web site functionality, please? Which is - I always tick the box to get a message sent to me if a reply is made to one of my posts, but I've never yet received any such messages (even though replies have been posted). Is there something else I need to do to "activate" that?

Thanks for your help.
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Tony R »

I don't think the 'notifications' re. forum posts is currently working!
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
JonNo
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by JonNo »

Tony R wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:14 pm I don't think the 'notifications' re. forum posts is currently working!
Right, well that answers that then! At least nothing I've done wrong... Thanks Tony!