Another New One

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
flounder
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Another New One

Post by flounder »

Hi I'm Gary
Heavily into the exotic look with palms, bananas etc, but my ever growing collection of spikeys and squidgeys deserve a bit more of my attention. What better place to learn about them than here! :notwo:
I hope you don't mind, but I'll be asking for info such as I.D's and best growing ideas.
That is all
Ta
edds
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Another New One

Post by edds »

Welcome along. I'm a big fan of tropical looking plants too.
Ed

BCSS member 53038
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: DARTFORD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by juster »

Welcome to the Forum Gary, I'm sure you will find plenty here to interest and inspire you, plus advice when needed. Enjoy your plants!
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
jenniemay
BCSS Member
Branch: CHESTER & District
Role within the BCSS: Committee member

Post by jenniemay »

flounder wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 6:17 pm Hi I'm Gary
Heavily into the exotic look with palms, bananas etc, but my ever growing collection of spikeys and squidgeys deserve a bit more of my attention. What better place to learn about them than here! :notwo:
I hope you don't mind, but I'll be asking for info such as I.D's and best growing ideas.
That is all
Ta
Hi. :welc:
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by el48tel »

Welcome Gary
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Stuart
BCSS Member
Branch: BRISTOL

Post by Stuart »

I'd recommend the Brighton BCSS monthly meetings when things get back to normal, nice friendly meetings, best place to learn and always plenty of sales plants. Quite a few also grow palms etc, Trachycarpus has turned into an 'invasive species' in my garden.
Stuart
flounder
Registered Guest

Post by flounder »

Ta for the welcomes.
I'm impressed with the wealth of knowledge and creativity I've found on this website so far, the next step will be the meetings. Can't sign up fully just yet, I've just blown my yearly plant allowance on tree ferns and bananas!
JonNo
BCSS Member

Post by JonNo »

I used to grow bananas in my office, even got some fruit... From what I remember about them, you'll find the rate of growth of cacti at the opposite end of the scale!

I'm sure you'll find the forums very useful, there's a wealth of knowledge here that staggers me every time I visit.