Hello from Dewsbury.

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
Stevepeat
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Hello from Dewsbury.

Post by Stevepeat »

Hello all! I’m Steve Peat and have been growing cacti in some form or other since I was a child growing up in Peru. I was involved in the Sheffield branch for a number of years, in the days when it was the NCSS, then spent 22 years as a missionary in Arequipa, Peru, until returning to the UK at the end of 2018. I had a fairly large collection of cacti and succulents which was often neglected due to work pressures. I now have a very few plants, on windowsills for the winter and a 6 foot square polythene unheated greenhouse made from wood scraps! When we eventually get our own place I hope to set up a proper greenhouse. Until then I have to make the most of our small rented house where I am just setting up a small propagator with LED lights so as to start off some seeds this winter. They will probably stay in their bags for the next year or so. Until lockdown, I had been going to the meetings of the Leeds BCSS branch.
Leeds Branch
BCSS member 52790
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Hello from Dewsbury.

Post by el48tel »

Welcome Steve to the forum.
I too am looking forward to returning to the meetings at the Leeds branch if/when we return to some sense of normality.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by juster »

Welcome to the Forum Steve. I think we're all looking forward to more normal times and especially our branch meetings. :welc:
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Post by rodsmith »

Welcome to the forum, Steve.
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
MikeT
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Post by MikeT »

Hi Steve

Good to see you on the forum. If you're looking for more plants, I'm sure I can help out next time you're in Sheffield. Though who knows when Dewsbury to Sheffield travel and meeting up will be possible?

I still have memories of experiencing an earthquake while repotting cacti in your greenhouse in Arequipa. Dewsbury should be geologically a bit less exciting.
Mike T

Sheffield Branch
BCSS member26525