Hello from Roma

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
GiacomoP
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Hello from Roma

Post by GiacomoP »

Hi All,
few lines to introduce myself.
I am 62 and I am a biologist by profession and I cultivate succulents since I was 10. Unfortunately, due to my job, I have little to time to dedicate to my plants, never the less, I like to read and being updated with any news in the field. I have many of succulents of which, I regret for that, I could take care with discontinuous intensity. The only good thing of 2020 was the fact that I had time to repot my all my neglected collection. I am fond of South African succulents and bulbs. I cultivate many mesembs, but mainly Conophytum and Lithops. I appreciate a lot some little charming bulbs like Ornithogalum, Massonia, Lachenalia and AlbuIa.
Last but not least, I have a special interest in Bulbines of which I am trying to regrow my, unfortunately, lost collection. I live in Rome, Italy, where the climate is nice for plants and humans; sometimes too hot, for both, in summer.
Warm regards
Giacomo
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Re: Hello from Roma

Post by el48tel »

Welcome Giacomo to the forum
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by juster »

Welcome to the Forum. Your climate must be rather different to ours and so will be interesting to hear about your plants. :welc:
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Post by Tina »

Welcome to the forum,
lovely place to live.
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.