Hello....

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
KenAA
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Hello....

Post by KenAA »

I am Ken and I live in Leeds. As a youngster I grew many succulents and cacti but when we moved house there was never any room to bring them with me. I eventually gave up on this hobby as we moved frequently and my collection was lost each time. Recently I saw some plants for sale on eBay so my interest has been reborn. I am keen to increase my knowledge and this seems a good place to do that. I will now take a look around, thanks for having me.
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Re: Hello....

Post by rodsmith »

Welcome to the forum, Ken - and happy browsing.
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
edds
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by edds »

Welcome to the forum Ken and be careful, this place will fuel that collection addiction! :grin:
Ed

BCSS member 53038
Tony R
Branch: BROMLEY

Post by Tony R »

A warm welcome from me too, Ken!
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
KenAA

Post by KenAA »

Hello, though I have been able to post here I received no conformation of membership or a membership number which is required for my seed purchasing form. I have checked my emails including my spam folder and have had no messages is this usual?
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

Welcome to the forum Ken
Leeds Branch are not currently holding any live meetings, but Bradford branch are starting meetings. Next Bradford meeting is next Wednesday at Cullingworth Methodist Church, Greenside Lane, Cullingworth, post code BD13 5AB, starting at 7.15pm.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Post by Phil_SK »

KenAA wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:35 pm Hello, though I have been able to post here I received no conformation of membership or a membership number which is required for my seed purchasing form. I have checked my emails including my spam folder and have had no messages is this usual?
The Society doesn't do membership confirmations but if you've paid you're in! (It's all a bit 20th century).
You'll get a membership/welcome pack through the post plus your address should have been included in the batch that went to the printers to receive the next CactusWorld so you'll probably get that at the same time as the rest of us, late next week fingers crossed/postie permitting. Separately, your Branch Secretary will have been sent your details and should make contact to say 'hello' but again that can all take a while. The seed purchasing form: if it's the one that went out with last December's CactusWorld I'm afraid the seed distribution is closed now. You will get a couple of packets with your welcome pack. In the meantime, this forum has a seed pool that you could use.
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
Chris in Leeds
BCSS Member

Post by Chris in Leeds »

Welcome to the forum Ken if you have transport a good place to get some plants cheapish at the moment is hampsons plant world near wakefield as they are doing 50% off the marked price
Look here what I got the other day viewtopic.php?f=1&t=171754
Chris
BCSS MEMBER SINCE 2000 (NATIONAL SHOW)
FORUM MEMBER SINCE JUNE 2006
Interested in - TURBINICARPUS (Always looking for plants I don't have)
TEPHROCACTUS AND RELATED SPECIES
http://www.leeds.bcss.org.uk/ http://www.zone3.bcss.org.uk/
KenAA

Post by KenAA »

Hello, thanks for the welcome and the information/ I have stared my collection by buying some small plants, seeds and cuttings. I have a lot to learn.