Introduction

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
Zoom
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SOUTHEND-ON-SEA
Role within the BCSS: Member

Introduction

Post by Zoom »

Hello everyone,

I regard myself as an enthusiastic amateur.
After a ducking out of the rat race over 3 years ago I started working in a garden center; this reignited my interest in cacti and I started by buying a few for the kitchen window sill, this has now evolved into bar tables, u.v. lamps and over 60 cacti in the spare room. I'm trying to persuade my wife we don't need the spare bed in there so I can buy more but that's a work in progress!
Have a good evening.

Zoom.
Pattock
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Re: Introduction

Post by Pattock »

Welcome. I have just one room ... but I have a loft bed. Plenty of space underneath for my succulent collection.
Asclepiomaniac. Armchair ethnobotanist.
Occasional, eclectic blogger:
http://pattheplants.blogspot.com/
Zoom
BCSS Member

Post by Zoom »

Good to know I'm not alone regarding space issues Pattock, my wife agrees the next house must have a conservatory or room for a greenhouse
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by juster »

Welcome to the Forum Zoom, it sounds as though you are really ‘hooked’ on cacti! Enjoy your plants :welc:
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

Welcome to the forum. The fact that your wife sees, understands, and offers solutions to the storage problem, means that you are well on the way to solving it without too much strife. However, you will find it is merely an interim solution as the hobby bites harder, and your collection grows.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Zoom
BCSS Member

Post by Zoom »

Thank you juster & el48tel
MatDz
BCSS Member

Post by MatDz »

:welc:

(I negiotated https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/bror-shelv ... s39303968/ with an extra shelf or two not so long ago, already have to quite drastically cull the collection so they all fit on it...)
Mat
Zoom
BCSS Member

Post by Zoom »

Hi Mat,
I've put 3 bar tables of differing widths, a couple of shelves & some ceiling hooks up to maximise what little room I have (currently)
charlottmia19

Post by charlottmia19 »

Welcome
Zoom wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:10 pm Hello everyone,

I regard myself as an enthusiastic amateur.
After a ducking out of the rat race over 3 years ago I started working in a garden center; this reignited my interest in cacti and I started by buying a few for the kitchen window sill, this has now evolved into bar tables, u.v. lamps and over 60 cacti in the spare room. I'm trying to persuade my wife we don't need the spare bed in there so I can buy more but that's a work in progress!
Have a good evening.

Zoom.
Stuart
BCSS Member
Branch: BRIGHTON, HOVE & District

Post by Stuart »

After many years of having an annual show, sadly it looks like there won't be a cactus show at Southend next year. I'd recommend their monthly meetings though, they're a friendly bunch and new members are always welcome.

Stuart