Hello all

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
teaislife
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NORWICH
Role within the BCSS: Member

Hello all

Post by teaislife »

Hello all,
I’ve only been a BCSS member since September or so, but I’ve interested in and cultivating for longer.
Still only a year or two though.
My collection is fairly evenly mixed between succulents such as Echeverias, Sedums, strings of this and that and so on, and Mesembs.
The latter are probably my main love - I have both adult Lithops and am growing from seed, and also have various other species including Cheiridopsis, Trichodiadema and others. But only one Conophytum as I can only go down so many rabbit holes.

Looking forward to talking with people, learning, and sharing knowledge.
Aiko
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Re: Hello all

Post by Aiko »

Welcome.

Note there is the mesemb study group (mesemb.org), dedicated to mesembs. If not already, you might like to see that as added value to become a member of. The February bulletin contains the annual seed list, in case you might like to try some nice species from seed. There should be a lot of Lithops and Conophytums on the list, next to other mesembs of course.
edds
BCSS Member

Post by edds »

Welcome to the forum.
Ed

BCSS member 53038
teaislife
BCSS Member

Post by teaislife »

Aiko wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:52 pm Welcome.

Note there is the mesemb study group (mesemb.org), dedicated to mesembs. If not already, you might like to see that as added value to become a member of. The February bulletin contains the annual seed list, in case you might like to try some nice species from seed. There should be a lot of Lithops and Conophytums on the list, next to other mesembs of course.
Thank you, I joined the MSG around June I think, and most of my current seedlings come from MSG seeds :)
Pattock
BCSS Member

Post by Pattock »

teaislife wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:46 pm Looking forward to talking with people, learning, and sharing knowledge.
Welcome.

Not relevant to succulents, of course, but I hope you have some tea bushes in case your supply is interrupted? :grin:
Asclepiomaniac. Armchair ethnobotanist.
Occasional, eclectic blogger:
http://pattheplants.blogspot.com/
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

Welcome to the forum
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
teaislife
BCSS Member

Post by teaislife »

Pattock wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:22 pm
teaislife wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:46 pm Looking forward to talking with people, learning, and sharing knowledge.
Welcome.

Not relevant to succulents, of course, but I hope you have some tea bushes in case your supply is interrupted? :grin:
Could never get it to grow well (yes, I had to try), so instead I have extensive stocks as a 'buffer' against shortages lol
Pattock
BCSS Member

Post by Pattock »

teaislife wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:02 pm
Pattock wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:22 pm
Welcome.

Could never get it to grow well (yes, I had to try), so instead I have extensive stocks as a 'buffer' against shortages lol
It needs very acidic soil to be happy. Some commercial crops are grown on soils as low as pH 4. Norwich water is very hard, I think?
Asclepiomaniac. Armchair ethnobotanist.
Occasional, eclectic blogger:
http://pattheplants.blogspot.com/