el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: February 2020: Any colour but green

Post by el48tel »

2020-02-26 13-18-36 (C,Smoothing4).jpg
Sulcorebutia rauschii
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Roatavator
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by Roatavator »

Both lovely and just squeaked in before end of the month. Good job it’s a leap year. I used to have a similar Silvio, unfortunately deceased, neglected during house move.
Peter. Lapsed cactus enthusiast, now into Conophytums. Fewer plasters when repotting! MSG member.
Roatavator
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by Roatavator »

I’ve been amazed at the response to my little competition. Without question all the plants are of a high standard and each deserve an accolade. But how to decide the winner? In the end I’m taking the obvious route of the least green most vivid colour. By my reckoning that’s HaoBao and the Echeveria Agavoides Bordeaux. Truly amazing depth of colour.
So, HaoBao, over to you and thanks to everyone for contributing.
Peter. Lapsed cactus enthusiast, now into Conophytums. Fewer plasters when repotting! MSG member.
HaoBao
BCSS Member
Branch: BIRMINGHAM & District
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by HaoBao »

Thank you Roatavator! I’m honoured.

When my wife said she liked the round jellybean type plants about 18 months ago I started to look for as many as I could find and my plant collection went from one old Jade to over 400 different plants so it seems right that the next competition should be the type of plants that started my addiction.

Cute or chubby, preferably both.

I’ve started the next one for March with a few of my own to get started
Plant sales: www.CentralSucculents.etsy.com
Instagram: www.instagram.com/CentralSucculents
Reddit: www.reddit.com/u/CentralSucculents

All my plants are kept indoors and I started collecting in August 2018. Favourites are Pachyphytum, Echeveria, Haworthia, Mesembs and oddball Cacti.