Tina's Tour

Share your collection with the rest of the forum here.
Tina
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Tina's Tour

Post by Tina »

Hi all
Here's a tour of my 8x12 with most of my Euphorbia's & other delicates in, cacti are on the top shelf so Arios, disco, ortego & anyone else I think likes it warmer( yes I know Ario's don't need it but have run out of space in other one)
Euphorbia's
Euphorbia's
Euphorbia Ankarensis,Alfredii, Poisoni,venefica & d.gigas plus others, lots of zippy bags as I have been busy with the paint brush.
A little further along
A little further along
more
more
yet more including my favourite beautiful E.poisonii, d.gigas, d.lavranni & seedlings
yet more including my favourite beautiful E.poisonii, d.gigas, d.lavranni & seedlings
the end
the end
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Tina
BCSS Member

Tina's Tour

Post by Tina »

The lumpy messy side with some pachycauls & others that don't need to be in the trays with the soil warming cables.
Some of my friends seriously don't appreciate this 'twiggy' greenhouse but it's my favourite really.

I have gone off my grafted plants a bit as I have too many lollipops but I have managed to root some of the grey/normal Abdelkuri's so it is useful, small black trays are normally for seed raising.
clover trays are for leaf collection, they don't warn you that keeping succulents means a lot of cleaning up (td)
odds n ends
odds n ends
more lollipops & seedlings
more lollipops & seedlings
some interesting Astro seedlings
some interesting Astro seedlings
more odds n ends
more odds n ends
my Idria columnaris
my Idria columnaris
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Tony R
Branch: BROMLEY

Re: Greenhouse Tour

Post by Tony R »

Looks a nice "warm" house, Tina, with some choice "warm-loving" plants - thanks for sharing.
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
sue46
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Re: Greenhouse Tour

Post by sue46 »

Hi all,

What wonderful collections you all have - I have a long way to go!

Tony R - I give up - what is that lovely flowering cactus in your 'profile picture'? Is it a Rebutia? It's a beaut and I want one! (tu)
AnTTun
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Re: Tina's Tour

Post by AnTTun »

Was it 'forby addict' term? I wonder why :)
TTcacti - C&S database software - http://www.ttimpact.hr/anttun/
Tony R
Branch: BROMLEY

Post by Tony R »

Sorry, Tina, slightly off-topic, but Sue46 wanted to know what my "profile picture" is. Well, of course, it's one of my favourite plants, Mammillaria saboae subsp. goldii! A twelve-headed plant with 45 flowers, on a graft in a two inch square pot!

Here's a larger copy of the same photo:
1996-04-27 3171 small.jpg
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
Eveandrea
Registered Guest
Role within the BCSS: Non-Member

Post by Eveandrea »

Hi Tina, sorry to notice this section only now! I am very glad to see your most interesting plants and would like to ask you so many questions (it that an Euphorbia platyclada? How old is the phantastic Idra columnaris? Etc.). Wouldn't it be easier if you envited me to have a better look? :mrgreen:
Eve

Turin - Italy
Tina
BCSS Member

Post by Tina »

Hi Eve
Of course you can visit, I don't think I took back the previous offer :grin: .
Yes I do have 2 forms of Euphorbia platyclada - a small stumpy one & a taller form, although I'm not that fond of them,I prefer the Madagaskan Euphorbia's but they are nore fragile.
The Idria columnaris was imported in the early 1980's after a friend visited USA & chose one, this was pre cites when you just went shopping in the countryside, it came via seamail. I'm really pleased with this plant & it just started leafing this October so I did not buy a dead lump which is a relief.
Tina

Bucks, UK
Eveandrea
Registered Guest
Role within the BCSS: Non-Member

Post by Eveandrea »

Well, now it's official :mrgreen:
Sorry for my bad English, but I understand that you bought the Idra some 30 years ago and it waited till this October to vegetate? :shock:
Eve

Turin - Italy
Tina
BCSS Member

Post by Tina »

Hi Eve
No I visited a friend in the summer who had some plants to sell & came back with this, I was drooling over it & he said did I want it?, whats not to love about it.
Tina

Bucks, UK