February 2019 - GotM - Euphorbia

January 2017 - Genus of the Month - Lepismium
Phil_SK
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

February 2019 - GotM - Euphorbia

Post by Phil_SK »

Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
Phil_SK

Re: February 2019 - GotM - Euphorbia

Post by Phil_SK »

I've been out looking to see my Euphorbia. It turns out I only have two.
The first is a cutting of a cutting of a cutting of a plant I adopted from my mother's collection not long after I got interested in C&S. It didn't have a name and is currently labelled with the name I assigned it after looking in books, probably around the age of 8 or 9. I've not really questioned my identification since until now, but it still seems right although anoplia seems to be just a form of E. polygona. My plant is currently tiny, in a 3" pot, having been restarted in 2017 after becoming a bit moribund. It's more of sentimental value than a plant I love for itself.
IMG_20190303_134837_cr.jpg
The photos of my other Euphorbia haven't turned out very well so I'll have to try again another day.
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Tina »

A bit late as I didn't notice the subject
A variegated euphorbia poisonii, its rare to get variegated euphorbia other than e.milli.
E POISONII VARIEGATE 11_18.jpg
Monadenium/euphorbia elegans flowering very unusual looking cyathia
monadenium elegans spent flower 11_18.jpg
Another monadenium/euphorbia the flowers are soo unusual I don't call them euphobia.
monadenium elegans 7_17.jpg
Euphorbia decidua
euphorbia decidua 12_14.jpg
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Tina
BCSS Member

Post by Tina »

Euphorbia columnaris, this is a very old plant from Keith mortimers collection auction,
columnaris.jpg
Euphorbia milotti, lovely plant with beautiful bell shaped cyathia
milotti fl 4_13.jpg
Euphorbia cap saint mariensis, characterised by the white branches, an old plant, its very slow growing but handsome.
cap saint mariensis A4_13.jpg
Euphorbia primulifolia, now deceased
primulifoloa flowers 4_13.jpg
Euphorbia itremensis, only lasted 2 years, now deceased
euph itremensis  9_13.jpg
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Tina
BCSS Member

Post by Tina »

Euphorbia poisonii, probably my favourite Euphorbia.
E.poisonii A.jpg
Euphorbia bonglavensis
E bongolavensis A.jpg
Euphorbia abdelkuri flowering, this was from Doug donaldson's collection (kilnwood), its grown a few more offsets since then.
abdelkuri fl 8_13.jpg
Euphorbia horwoodii, this is still alive and finally growing, I was keeping it too dry
Euph horwoodii B 9_13.jpg
Euphorbia hadratica with seed pods
hadraumatica fl pods4_13.jpg
Tina

Bucks, UK
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by juster »

Lovely to see such a good variety of plants here. I also only have two Euphorias, this one is really only kept out of a sense of kindness.
IMG_0644.JPG
It belonged to one of our branch members who didn't have many plants, it was his pride and joy, rather inexplicably to me. Some years ago he gave up his few plants and presented this one to me, he thought I would like it! Well it's not my favourite by a long way, but I took it home and have tried to look after it, sometimes entering it for our branch show so that he can see it's progress. It's E. bupleurifolia x susannae. Seems to prove that beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
Phil_SK

Post by Phil_SK »

My other one is Euphorbia lomelii (=Pedilanthus macrocarpus). My plant came from a collection disposal a few years ago and had, at some point in the past, been the cristate form, although it had totally reverted to the normal form by the time I got it.
P1010001.jpg
P1010003.jpg