Haworthia lisbonensis advice please

For discussion on all Haworthiad type plants - open to all.
el48tel
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Haworthia lisbonensis advice please

Post by el48tel »

I bought a plant a few weeks ago .... repotted it ..... left it a week and then watered it.
The bottom leaves and the offsets have gone very brown, but the top seems to be OK.
What should be my strategy?
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Diane
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Re: Haworthia lisbonensis advice please

Post by Diane »

First essential is to unpot it and see if the roots have rotted, then maybe remove brown leaves and offsets if they are soft and rotten. Leave to dry in a shady place, before repotting in a fast draining mix, leave a week or two, then cautiously water from bottom.
Diane - member of Kingston branch

Growing cacti - balm to the soul!
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

Diane
Many thanks ..... has been done
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE

Post by Tony R »

I would be interested in what your lisbonensis looks like.
This was a name invalidly published in 1946, and Sean Gildenhuys then validly pubished it as the hybrid Haworthiopsis x lisbonensis in 2016. It is not a plant I am familiar with. Thanks.
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

Tony R wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:08 pm I would be interested in what your lisbonensis looks like.
This was a name invalidly published in 1946, and Sean Gildenhuys then validly pubished it as the hybrid Haworthiopsis x lisbonensis in 2016. It is not a plant I am familiar with. Thanks.
No problem Tony
I will photograph it later this evening on my return
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

Tony
As requested
PSX_20190731_181141.jpg
PSX_20190731_181040.jpg
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE

Post by Tony R »

Thanks.
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)