ID help please?

For discussion on all Haworthiad type plants - open to all.
JonNo
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

ID help please?

Post by JonNo »

Having put this ID help request on the Cactus and Succulent Plant forum a couple of days ago, it occurred to me I should probably have put it on here, so I hope folk won't mind if I do...

The plant in question came as a freebie with something else so alas no label or name. It is shown in a 7 cm pot. It has been suggested that it might be Aloe Juvenna "Tiger Tooth" - does anyone have any other thoughts, please?
P1000198.JPG
BrianMc
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: ID help please?

Post by BrianMc »

It certainly looks like it could be Aloe juvenna
I looked up the "Tiger Tooth" part of your query on google, but that appears to be a 'common' name that I have never heard of before and is superfluous with a correct Latin ID.

One word of warning with Aloe juvenna, it is pretty overpowering in hybrids when crossed with small less pronounced species, so there is the possibility that your plant is a juvenna hybrid with much of the juvenna characteristics remaining.
Especially interested in Mesembs. small Aloes and South African miniatures and bulbs.
Keen propagator and compulsive 'tickler'!
Instagram #myscottishgreenhouse
JonNo
BCSS Member

Re: ID help please?

Post by JonNo »

BrianMc wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:57 pm It certainly looks like it could be Aloe juvenna
I looked up the "Tiger Tooth" part of your query on google, but that appears to be a 'common' name that I have never heard of before and is superfluous with a correct Latin ID.

One word of warning with Aloe juvenna, it is pretty overpowering in hybrids when crossed with small less pronounced species, so there is the possibility that your plant is a juvenna hybrid with much of the juvenna characteristics remaining.
Noted and thank you Brian, much obliged!