Help with identification

For discussion on all Haworthiad type plants - open to all.
atgamble
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Help with identification

Post by atgamble »

Hello all, I'm after some help identifying a few plants. Fairly sure they're under the Aloe, Gasteria, Haworthia umbrella so hopefully this is the best place to ask.

These are unlabelled and I'm struggling to find anything that fits the bill. The markings on the leaves are very subtly raised and the leaf margin is slightly serrated.

I saw the plant below on ebay while I was browsing succulents in general last night and it's being sold as a Gasteria x Aloe hybrid. It's the closest thing I've seen to the above, could they be a similar hybrid?

As you can see those below are labelled Haworthia 'Black Prince', but I can't find anything matching that name, most results are for Echeveria 'Black Prince'. I've come across x Alworthia 'Black Gem' in my search, do these plants look like they fit the bill?

Thanks in advance!
Stuart
BCSS Member
Branch: BRIGHTON, HOVE & District

Re: Help with identification

Post by Stuart »

The top three plants are all Aloe x Gasteria hybrids, the Aloe used in each one was Aloe Aristata. I think the 'Black Prince' name is a mistake for what should be 'Black Gem'

Stuart
atgamble
Registered Guest
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Help with identification

Post by atgamble »

Thanks Stuart, it's good to get a positive ID. I didn't realise until now that they hybridised between genera so easily, every day's a school day!