Lemon and cactus drink

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
saxocactus
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Lemon and cactus drink

Post by saxocactus »

While in Holland recently I came across a delightful drink with lemon and cactus flavouring. As you can imagine I had to have a bottle of it to try out. It had a picture of lemon and an opuntia pad on the front and tasted not quite standard lemonade so I assume the rest of the taste was opuntia. Anyway - it was very pleasant and I have kept the label as a souvenir.
Not quite so new to cacti now - greenhouse up and running - a cactoholic is born!! Visits welcome - just get in touch.
Robert K
Registered Guest

Re: Lemon and cactus drink

Post by Robert K »

hmmm what brand is it and full name please. i will try and source it in uk it will be about somewhere
in love with astrophytums and Haworthia truncata
DaveW
BCSS Member
Branch: NOTTINGHAM
Role within the BCSS: Branch President

Post by DaveW »

Pity they don't do a lemon and Haworthia drink. I am sure it would taste foul, but at least get rid of a few!:rofl:

DaveW
Nottingham Branch BCSS. Joined the then NCSS in 1961, Membership number 11944. Cactus only collection.
Mal H
BCSS Member
Branch: CLACTON-on-SEA
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Mal H »

Brings a whole new meaning to having your drink 'spiked'

:tweed:
Wirral (Chester and District branch) - Collection mostly South American cacti.
CoronaCactus
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by CoronaCactus »

Here in the USA, both Michelob and Anheuser-Busch have C&S related beer. The Michelob is lime & cactus (Opuntia) but haven't found it yet to try it. The Anheuser is called *Tequiza* with Agave and lime, which i have tried. It's good, but it's on the very lemoney side.

Michelob
[img]http://www.cactiguide.com/forum/userpix/962_beer3_1.jpg[/img]

Anheiser-Busch
[img]http://www.cactiguide.com/forum/userpix/962_beer1_1.jpg[/img]
Darryl
Zone 10 - Southwest USA
CoronaCactus.com

saxocactus
Registered Guest

Post by saxocactus »

turns out to be a product from Belgium - Spa seems to be the name of the company.
Not quite so new to cacti now - greenhouse up and running - a cactoholic is born!! Visits welcome - just get in touch.