There's a Mammillaria under there somewhere.

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Stuart Estell
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: BRADFORD
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: There's a Mammillaria under there somewhere.

Post by Stuart Estell »

If anything I've noticed better growth on my plants this year - I've put this down to them not having had much of a rest midsummer as they would usually. It may also be down to having finally repotted quite a number of them (and having fed them more... :oops: )
georged
BCSS Member
Branch: BRISTOL

Post by georged »

Mike wrote:I wonder do other UK forum members think it's been a relatively poor season, not just for flowering, but also for plants putting on growth? Or is it just that I should have spent more time potting plants into some fresh compost!
Mike
Generally I have thought it has been a poor season but ideal for my Aloe polyphyllas which love it cool and wet.
George
Uckfield, East Sussex. Small but varied collection of cacti, succulents and a few others.
macavity
BCSS Member
Branch: KlNGSTON-on- THAMES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by macavity »

I love seeing mammillarias (and similar cacti) flowering. The flower always seems enormous when compared to the size of the plant! This one is amazing - well done.