Hey there

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
MrSlinkyDragon
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: MAIDSTONE & MEDWAY

Hey there

Post by MrSlinkyDragon »

Hey all, ive recently got back into growing aloes and succulents as a whole, i mainly grow plants from islands (tolpis laciniata, various sonchus, a few aeoniums, marcetella moanquinia, a rare nicotinia from the jaun fernandez islands and medicago citrina), i have puya that i have grown from seed (including p. raimondii) and other rare/unusual species like deppea splendens and rojasianthe superba.

Heres a list of the succulents i currently grow:

2 Aloe cameronii (i was gifted these from kew gardens and they means alot to me)
An unknown cultivar (i dont really like it as its a cultivar but my partners parents got it for me...)
Several vyrheidensis seedlings
2 aloiampelos striatula (i was given one long cutting that i got 2 cuttings from)

2 euphorbia canariensis (one i collected from santa cruz de la palma as a seedling, i remember the exact spot i go it from)

About 8 or 9 pots of aeoniums, dont know the species i got them from barlovento and fuencaliante in la palma.

3 senecios
2 s. harworthia and 1 unknown species

2 ceropegia
Woodii and hians

A jade plant

Various cacti including echinops (trichocereus) schickendantzii and a few mammillaria
If i like it, ill grow it. If it doesn't grow i try again

Member of maidstone and medway
Member number 52896
AnTTun
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Re: Hey there

Post by AnTTun »

I have a feeling your collection is to expand soon(er than you think) :) Welcome aboard.
TTcacti - C&S database software - http://www.ttimpact.hr/anttun/
MrSlinkyDragon
BCSS Member

Post by MrSlinkyDragon »

Yeah ive ordered the following aloe tomentosa, albiflora, parvula, jucunda, microstigma and megalancantha. Ive got a greenhouse with most of my canary island plants in, i also have telanthophora grandiflora, echium sventenii (seed grown, draceana draco (some seed grown), monezia edulis (again seed grown) and im planning to get a poly tunnel next year :)

Member number 52896
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by juster »

Welcome to the Forum, it sounds as though you are well and truly 'hooked', most of us know the feeling! Perhaps you will be going to CWL this coming weekend, it must be quite close for you. Enjoy your plants.
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
MrSlinkyDragon
BCSS Member

Post by MrSlinkyDragon »

Yeah i am going with a mate (i dont drive lol)

Ive always been into plants, i love the more unusual plants, especially asteraceae. Ive got plants i believe im the only/one of the only grower(s) of (at least privately) in the uk! Such as my 3 tolpis laciniata that i grew from seed i that collected in barlovento la palma. These actually self seeded in my greenhouse this year and i have a few seedlings available :)

Ive also figured out how to propagate medicago citrina :) i need to refine the process to increase the success rates but ive managed to root 4 cuttings now!
Attachments
My aloe cameronii plants
My aloe cameronii plants
Medicago citrina flowers
Medicago citrina flowers

Member number 52896
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by el48tel »

welcome!
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
MrSlinkyDragon
BCSS Member

Post by MrSlinkyDragon »

Thanks ^_^

Member number 52896