Agave americana medio picta alba

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Patrick
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SOMERSET

Agave americana medio picta alba

Post by Patrick »

I read somewhere that you have to keep this out of the rain or it gets brown spots on it. It hadn't seen a drop of rain for several years and was looking great. It's been outside all summer and was in the first autumn shower (earlier than for the last few years) and immediately came out in blotches again. I've seen photos of quite big plants growing outside in California (similar climate to here) without a brown spot. Can anybody shed some light on this? I'd like to grown it in the garden.
IMG_0051.jpeg
Patrick. Small varied collection of North American, Mexican and Andean Cacti. Variegated Agaves and Echeveria. Developing a succulent garden in Portugal. Joined Somerset BCSS and forum in 2007.