Some new Aeonium

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
edds
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Some new Aeonium

Post by edds »

After Marco Cristini's talk a couple of weeks ago I went hunting for A.hierrense and A.valaverdense.

I found them at Kerveat in France and with Brexit looming decided to go for it!

Arrived yesterday so plants are still recovering but I've very impressed with the size and quality of the plants.

First the hierrense,
Aeonium hierrense
Aeonium hierrense
Probably one of the smallest but the rosette is opening out nicely and on about an 15” stem!

Then valverdense,
Aeonium valverdense
Aeonium valverdense
My A.leucoblepharum is a favourite of both my wife and I so when I saw the different types on offer I was keen to get a couple more.
I got leucoblepharum Yemen Red Form,
Aeonium leucoblepharum Yemen Red Form
Aeonium leucoblepharum Yemen Red Form
And leucoblepharum Ethiopia,
Aeonium leucoblepharum Ethiopia
Aeonium leucoblepharum Ethiopia
Last species I ordered was cuneatum which I'm hoping will love the shadier parts of my patio,
Aeonium cuneatum
Aeonium cuneatum
I have also been hanging my nose over the hybrid 'Blushing Beauty' for a whole and they had big plants showing some tinges of the expected colour.
Aeonium 'Blushing Beauty'
Aeonium 'Blushing Beauty'
They also very kindly included and freebie of Aeonium glutinosum - I species I hadn't got yet which is always a bonus!
Aeonium glutinosum
Aeonium glutinosum
As I said very impressed with the size and will order from them again when everything calms down with importing from the EU!
Ed

BCSS member 53038