Crassula time

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Ernie
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: TEESSIDE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Crassula time

Post by Ernie »

I know this plant is featured elsewhere but this thread seems the right place for it.
Crassula namaquensis
Crassula namaquensis
DSCN6981.JPG (78.25 KiB) Viewed 1331 times
'Eternity is but a a brief moment away'
Ernie
BCSS Member

Post by Ernie »

Heres another couple. Crassula barklyi on the left and Crassula sericea v. velutina on the right. Please lets not get into another debate about the C. sericea. Just accept I am happy with the name . Lifes too short to fall out over a name.
P1010433.JPG
Last edited by Ernie on Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ernie
BCSS Member

Post by Ernie »

One more. No sign of a flower. Crassula falcata
P1010442.JPG
Diane
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by Diane »

Here’s a few of mine, first Crassula ‘Celia’ not quite open yet:

Crassula ‘Celia’
Crassula ‘Celia’
Crassula mesembryanthemopsis:
Crassula mesembryanthemopsis
Crassula mesembryanthemopsis
The smaller of my two Crassula tecta:
Crassula tecta
Crassula tecta
And Crassula fragarioides CR 1873:
Crassula fragarioidesCR 1873
Crassula fragarioidesCR 1873
Diane - member of Kingston branch

Growing cacti - balm to the soul!
Terry S.

Post by Terry S. »

This is C. fragarioides as originally described. It looks as though the larger, possibly intermediate to another species, form that was discovered later has now displaced in in cultivation.
Fig8_Crassula fragarioides.jpg
MatDz
BCSS Member

Post by MatDz »

Terry S. wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:43 pm This is C. fragarioides as originally described. It looks as though the larger, possibly intermediate to another species, form that was discovered later has now displaced in in cultivation.

Fig8_Crassula fragarioides.jpg
There is an interesting comment on https://www.crassulaceae.ch/de/artikel? ... F&aID=1930, the plant described matches Diane's and mine (although mine came from Suculentia without any locality data):
Max says : "The plant on the photo is from Etwin Aslander (EA921), it was found on a farm other than the type locality. There are some differences between this plant and the one described by Van Jaarsveld, Helme and Tribble. Ideally I would prefer to examine material also from that locality so I could see if there was any variation, but that is not possible. Much careful collecting would need to be done in the area to determine the variability of the species.

My plant of C. fragarioides EA921 has flowered, so I can provide a few comments. I must stress that they are based on examination of a single plant, grown in my greenhouse. I agree that C. clavata is closely related so I have shown part of Toelken's description for comparison."
Mat
Herts Mike
BCSS Member
Branch: LEA VALLEY

Post by Herts Mike »

Crassula suzannaea
6A6D5774-544E-464B-A748-CBF7ABF55B69.jpeg
MatDz
BCSS Member

Post by MatDz »

I almost forgot about one of my first and still one of my favourite Crassulas, C. perfoliata var. minor. Just look at all those offshoots at the base and near the crowns, £1.50 well spent! :mrgreen:

Crassula perfoliata var. minor
Crassula perfoliata var. minor
Mat
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Post by Tina »

Great plants & pictures (tu) ,
the C. fragarioides definitely look very different from the original plant that I had & the amazing picture done by Phil Hughes as published in cactus world many years ago so how has IT changed so much ?, what is this mutant from Leo :lol: .
crassula_Philhughes.jpg
Here is crassula ausensis ssp titanopsis, Terry should recognise this as its an ex TS plant.
crassula ausensis sssp titnaopsis 12_20.jpg
My crassula suzannae plant I find this one a bit untidy as it has little sections that try & grow proud of the main plant body.
crassula suzannae 12_20.jpg
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Post by Tina »

Juster how old is your C. mesembryanthemopsis, its on my wish list and a beautiful plant.
Stuart would it ever be worth entering a large multi trunk crassula gollum in a show against small choice crassula ?.
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.